The Extra Mile
As a trusted supplier of sustainable packaging in Ireland we continually invest our time, energy and resources into broadening our knowledge and understanding of the food and food waste industries through research and training. We feel that this is an important factor in our development as a business and to be able to continually and effectively advise and support our clients and customers.
Affiliates & Organisations
Some of Down2Earth Materials affiliates include:
Awards & Recognition
Down2Earth’s Trophy Cabinet, so far, includes:
- 2014: REPAK ‘SUSTAINABLE PACKAGING’ AWARD
- 2013: CRE AWARD – OUSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO THE SECTOR
- 2011 – 2015 : IRISH GREEN AWARDS FINALISTS
The Rule Rather than the Exception?
Will sustainable packaging soon become the rule rather than the exception? We certainly think so, and it’s the reason why we have been so passionately promoting these products since 2009. We fully realised upon initiation of Down2Earth Materials that education and awareness would be an essential part of making sustainable packaging ‘the norm’ in Ireland’s foodservice industry, and we are just as committed to our education and awareness today, as we were when starting out.
Tony Lee, MD, Down2Earth Materials
Our 2015 Eco Stats
The sale and supply of our certified compostable foodservice packaging in Ireland last year has resulted in:
- 107 Tonnes of Carbon Saved
- 48.6 Tonnes of Virgin Materials Saved
- 110 Tonnes of Potential Landfill Diversion.
What does this mean exactly?
To provide some equivalents:
Saving 107 Tonnes of carbon is like cancelling out the carbon from…
- 3,368 car journeys from Dublin to Belfast
- 1,146 car journeys from Cork to Derry
- Driving around the circumference of the earth 14 times
- 81,817 working 8-hour days using a 250W computer
- 185 flights from London to New York
- 1,481 flights from Dublin to London